We have a fun sandy beach to play on, get a beach tan, or snooze in the hammock under the coconut palms.
This affordable vacation home in the middle Florida Keys has been the place for birthday parties, family reunions, fishing excursions, youth club kayak adventures, church youth groups, bicycle starting and ending events, and lots more!!
- Rent your own boat, at a Bayview-Inn-Guest-Discount, with our on site rental boat operator: A-Affordable Boat Rentals.
- Tennis and golf privileges with the Sombrero Country Club.
- Sombrero Beach has a great sand - picnic tables, grills, and public restrooms.
- The Florida Keys Overseas Heritage Trail is great for bike riding.
- Catch a tarpon with "Coach" Demuth. He charters from the Bay View Inn during the tarpon months of April, May, and early June.
- Catch snapper and grouper all year long with a Conch Key resident Capt. Dan.
- Capt. Sam is available from December to June for offshore, wreck/reef fishing charters.
- Tilden's Scuba Dive Center - the very best dive shop in all the Florida Keys, Marathon, FL.
- With-in walking distance of the Conch Key Vacation home, you will find a 3 mile fishing bridge, Long Key Bridge. This fishing bridge has fishing platforms, which makes for a beautiful view of our Fl Keys' water.
- Visit historic Pigeon Key. Take a boat ride to see where 400 workers lived during the construction of the Seven Mile Bridge and the railroad that connected Miami to Key West. You can snorkel off the beach.
- Rent a jet ski, take a kiteboarding lesson, or try wakeboarding at www.sevensports.com.
- Visit Crane Point Museum. A museum of artifacts , natural history, nature trails, and children's activity center with touch tanks and pirate costumes. Also, see the Marathon Wild Bird Center located on the 63 acres of Crane Point.
- Feed the "pet" tarpons at Robbies; fish aboard the party boat "Capt. Michael"; sign up to visit, by kayak or boat, historic Lignumvitae Key State Park from Robbie's Marina.
- Be sure to take an exciting snorkel trip to Sombrero Reef Sanctuary and Lighthouse with Spirit Snorkeling.
- Kiss a dolphin; shake the flipper of a sea lion; see turtles, parrots, and tropical fish at Theater of the Sea. They have continuous daily shows and the crowds are so much smaller and intimate than the Orlando Shows.
- Visit the Turtle Hospital to see and touch the local rehabilitating sea turtles.
- Learn about and interact with dolphins at the Dolphin Research Center.
- Tired of saltwater? Try Jacobs Aquatic Center in Key Largo. This complex has three pools and a children's interactive water park complete with a buccaneer pirate ship, water slides, playground, and waterfall.
- We have many shops for souvenirs and cool clothing from the Florida Keys - tons in Key West, the famous World Wide Sportsman in Islamorada - plus, Marathon has some great shopping at the Publix Shopping Center.
Don't forget to eat at some of our favorite local restaurants: